Tuesday, August 26, 2014

1 Minute Chocolate and Peanut Butter Protein Mug Cake


Dessert cravings?  I know all about them.  I don't have them very often but when I do, it consumes my entire mind.  I've tried it all to curb my cravings.  Brush my teeth? Check.  Do some push-ups? Check.  Eat a piece of fruit? Check!  Yeah, it didn't do anything.  All it did was make my arms sore while eating a minty tasting piece of fruit.  Chocolate needs to happen.  And it needs to happen now.

This mug cake is so amazing because not only is it made with clean ingredients but it only takes 1 minute to make.  Yup.  ONE.LITTLE.MINUTE.

It's a sure way to satisfy your dessert cravings and get a great amount of protein in without undoing all your handwork for the day.

Ingredients:


  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder ( I use Syntha-6 Chocolate Milkshake )
  • 1 egg white
  • 2 Tbsp. coconut milk ( can use almond milk)
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • dash salt
  • 1/2 Tbsp. peanut butter


Directions:

Mix all ingredients in a mug (except peanut butter).

Drop in 1/2 Tbsp. peanut butter and cover with batter.

Microwave for 1 minute, checking it doesn't overflow.  If it starts to overflow, just keep stopping the microwave and pushing the cake down until you reach 1 minute.

Enjoy!

*Note- most protein powder based cakes are a little dry so if you like your cake more moist, either increase the amount of milk used or microwave for less time.

____________________

Nutrition Information:

  • Calories: 238
  • Fat: 8g
  • Carbs: 12g
  • Protein: 34g




No comments:

Post a Comment