Monday, July 21, 2014

Skinny Blue Cheese Dressing



I have to admit, when I was younger I HATED blue cheese.  Now, I can drink it out of the bottle.  Well, okay…maybe not.  But I do love it.  And I eat it with just about anything.  But if you ever read the back of the bottle ( or any salad dressing bottle for that matter ) it was full of unnecessary ingredients that I just wasn't happy with putting into my body.

Making your own salad dressing when possible is great because you can control the ingredients that go into it and you know exactly what you're eating.

This dressing isn't only great on salads.  It's really good with raw veggies, on buffalo chicken wraps, or anything else you'd like to add it to.

Ingredients:

  • 1 container (5.3 oz) plain greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
  • 1 Tbsp. light mayo
  • 1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
  • 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

In a small bowl, mash together blue cheese crumbles and yogurt with a fork.
Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving so flavors can blend together.
Enjoy!



Makes: 1 Cup
Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
Fat: 3g
Calories: 47
Carbs: 3g

No comments:

Post a Comment