Friday, May 30, 2014

Healthy Almond Joy Oatmeal

Anytime I'm given the opportunity to eat something for breakfast that incorporates chocolate in it, you can guarantee that I'll be eating it.  But when it mixes coconut with said chocolate, I'll most likely be eating it a few times a week.  This oatmeal is so perfect because it has all the flavor of an Almond Joy candy bar, but with healthy ingredients.  Makes ya wanna just jump for JOY doesn't it?



Ingredients:


  • 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
  • 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
  • 1 Tbsp. dark chocolate chips
  • 2 Tbsp. shredded sweetened coconut ( I tried it with unsweetened and I didn't care for it )
  • pinch of salt

Directions:

Mix together almond milk, salt, and oats.  Prepare the oats according to the directions on the package.  ( I use the microwave).  

While still hot stir in almonds, chocolate chips, and coconut.  Serve warm.

Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks great a must try thanks for share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you make it and LOVE it like I do :)

      Delete