Monday, March 17, 2014

Easy & Quick Parmesan Knots

Every Thursday in my house is pasta night.  Week after week.  And every week I always decide at the last minute that our meal would be better if we just had some garlic bread.  Or bread sticks.  Or OH, maybe some garlic knots.  And every week I rummage through my freezer and realize that I didn't buy any.  I do the same thing every week.  You think I'd learn my lesson and pick up a few boxes in case I decide to make them.  But I never do.  It is one of the many wonders of me.  But I always seem to have a can of biscuits stored away in my refrigerator.  And this past week, they came in handy.  I used them to make parmesan knots.  They're kind of like garlic knots but not as oily and not as garlicky. But just as delicious!


Ingredients:

1 12 oz. tube of canned biscuits.  (I used Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits)
1/4 cup olive oil
4 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (I used Kraft)
1 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 tsp. garlic powder

Directions:

 Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out each biscuit into a 12" rope.  Tie into a knot.  Place on a non greased baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.  

In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and brush onto the warm knots when they're finished cooking.  Serve warm.






Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment