Wednesday, February 26, 2014

No Sew Fabric Covered Cork Board


I Came across this idea on Pinterest and thought it would go perfectly in my daughter's room.  I just couldn't deal with the fact that her room would have a giant brown board in an overly pink and purple room. So I decided I'd cover it with fabric.  But I needed something that required NO sewing so this was the perfect way!


 I started with a simple corkboard and spray painted the border white.  You can spray paint the frame any color to match your decor.  


I purchased some fabric that was a bit bigger than the board and already had some tacks on hand.  I cut the fabric to the size of the cork in the middle, leaving about a 1/2 inch on all sides.  


I layed the fabric out flat and started with the straightest edge and pinned it down on the corner and side of the board. 


I continued around the board trying to space the pins as equally as I possibly could, pulling tight as I went around and folding under any excess fabric and pinning that under as well.  To make it a little cuter, I added some 3-D stickers I purchased at Wal-Mart for $1.00 and added them to the side.


Some of the pins aren't spaced evenly, and some are even crooked.  But that's what you get when you do things by hand with no rulers and I swear one of my eyes are higher than the other because everything I do seems to come out crooked.  But for a first attempt I think it came pretty cute and my daughter absolutely loves it.  And that's all that mattered to me  :)



The idea was so easy and cute that I decided to make one for my command center in my kitchen.






And that's it.  An inexpensive way to liven up an otherwise dull bulletin board.  So what are you waiting for?  Go make one!







No comments:

Post a Comment